Thursday, April 22, 2010

a monologue

Today my 4 year old took a nap. He never ever takes naps and he woke up at 5pm. Bedtime is usually 6:30pm so I knew a long night awaited me.

He took a while to surface but once he was fully awake he started chatting to me in the kitchen while I was cleaning up. He started chatting and he didnt stop speaking for about an hour. No joke. I couldn't get a word in. Here is an excerpt of some of his conversation. I mean monologue.

"Mommy, when we go to New York its going to be SO exciting, you know why? (me, about to ask why, but before I could open my mouth, he continues...) Because I get to see firetrucks EVERYDAY! isn't that AMAZING? AND they have REALLY loud sirens, isn;t that AMAZING? and you know what else they have in New York? They have a candy store with icecream and its ALL KOSHER! Isn;t that AMAZING? and I get to choose from 10 different icecream flavors, and I am going to choose chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and peach, just like Yossi and Laibel had in the book. And we're goign to go to a PIZZERIA just like Uncle Moishy goes to but I'm not going to drop my pizza like him, I'm going to be REALLY careful. And you know what else we are going to do in New York? We're going to see a REAL skeleton of a REAL dinosaur because New York has MUSEUMS! Isn't that AMAZING? and ALL the boys in New York wear yarmulkahs AND tzitzis AND theres even other boys with the SAME name as me! Isn't that AMAZING? And Mommy, can you let me know when you're about to turn on the garbage disposal cos I really like watching all the food go down and its really a mystery where it goes because you can't see the pipes because they're hidden behind the walls inthe house, but maybe one day a plumber friend will come over and show us the pipes so we knwo where the food and water goes. Oh, and mommy, in New York do they have firetrucks to put out Volcanoes? because volcanoes are REALLY REALLY hot."

I dont think he took one breath between any of his sentences.

Gotta love the boy, gotta love him:)

No comments:

Post a Comment