Monday, April 12, 2010

Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain

What is it about rainy days that dampen our moods? Or at least my mood. I mean, I guess I should be thankful that I don't live in a place like the UK where its always rainy and gray. But then again, when I was in Notting Hill, sitting with my best friend in Starbucks looking out onto the cobblestone streets while the rain just poured and poured, there was something so cozy about it.

But I live in a place where the sun shines 360 days a year, so those few days that it rains, people literally don't know what to do with themselves. I mean, come on, I'm from New York. Here, where I live now, when it rains, people don't drive anywhere. I mean, seriously!

So today we all stayed indoors. We baked chocolate chip cookies, did puzzles, played board games, read lots of books, had some quiet time and watched a video.

Tomorrow if it rains, I'm taking the munchkins to the mall to go on the little rides that you drop a quarter into.

We actually have a friend who works at one of these Arcade places. Everytime we go he walks passed us and drops a hand full of tokens down for us to use. Good guy. He claims his family were Murano Jews. As far as I know, if one has proof of this, they need to go through a proper Jewish conversion either way. I don't think this kid is ready for that.

Ok, pray that the sun will come out tomorrow, no more rainy days for us, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment