Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Kids

I saw an awesome episode of Grays Anatomy a few days ago with my hubby...
There was a part where Dr. Torres, who has no kids but wants kids, asks Dr. Bailey, who has a little toddler, when the best time to have kids is.

"Never." she answers, "kids drain every bit of energy you have out of you. They never sleep, don't appreciate any thing you are doing for them, the fact that you put so many things aside for them. Never.

"But, this morning, my little tucker crawled into bed with me and pressed his cold little nose against mine and said, 'mommy, wake up!' and he had never managed to pronounce the 'k' sound before, he used to say, 'wade up!'

"And its these little moments that make those sleepless nights and energy deprived days worth every single second."

Gosh, she really nailed it.

Today, on our way home from a trip to the mall I was thinking what I was going to do with the little tikes once we got home.

So everyone gets out of the car and runs inside while I carry baby munchkin into his bed since he fell asleep in the car (there is NOTHING sweeter in the world then a sleeping munchkin:) and as I walk toward the kitchen, I hear my 4 year old on the floor teaching my 2.5 year old the Alef Bet. Just the two of them, sitting with their little Siddur and pointing to each letter and she repeating after him. Priceless. Just priceless.

"change the way you look at things, and the things you look at will change."

No comments:

Post a Comment